The lovely and talented Sioux bestowed upon me this delightful award. (Thanks, Sioux, for thinking of me!) She insisted, upon threat of a computer virus that would cause all audio emanating from my laptop to default to Justin Bieber singing "Never Say Never," that I deliberately lie, right here, in front of God and the world. Can you imagine? Well, what's a writer to do? It is now my job to tell you four truths and a lie. Take a look below and see if you can figure out which of the five is a lie. Good luck!
- One New Year's Eve, about fifteen minutes before midnight, I led a group of 50+ people in the bunny hop around the front drive of the Union Plaza hotel in Las Vegas.
- I was once given a private tour of Wayne Newton's estate in Nevada that included feeding and petting his prized Arabian horses.
- During a trip to New York that included a visit to MTV studios I won a drawing that earned me a backstage meet and photo op with Jon Bon Jovi. It lasted less then 60 seconds and the picture is so freaking blurry that I look like Eleanor Roosevelt standing next to a blond rooster.
- I type 90+ words per minute with an accuracy rate of 98%, even with my eyes closed!
- When I was just 20-years-old I wrote the user's manual for a medical management software system, and just after I turned 21 I was promoted to Vice President of the company.
Okay, buttercup. Four of those gems are true. One is a bald-faced lie. Please put your guess as to which is the lie in a comment, and I'll fess up on Book Blurb Friday.
Now I must send this award on to other bloggers who must also tell a big fat one along with four not-so-chubby tales. They should also pass the award to other bloggers to keep the fun going. Here are five I figure won't beat me up for forcing them to tell an untruth on the internet:
Tanya Valentine, creator of the delightful Creepy Casey. Tanya is new to the blogosphere and taking to it like a barnacle on the Black Pearl. I can't wait to see the creative whopper she'll invent. She's a terrific writer, so I know it will be great.
Debra Mayhew, writer for children. She, too, is new to blogging and handling it as deftly as a mother of six. . .oh, wait. . .she IS a mother of six. And still finds time to write beautiful, heartwarming stories and keep up with a blog! Can she lie, too? Oh, I'll bet she can. . .and swimmingly.
Lynn Obermoeller, my NaNo pal. She rocks at epistolary writing and often brings me to tears and then laughter, all in the same post. She isn't afraid to tackle new things (her Friday book blurbs are wonderful), so lying on the internet should be a piece of cake.
Pat at Critter Alley, is a freelance writer whose blog posts always make me smile. Her furry kids Indy and Bogey figure prominently, and their adorable mugs are reason enough to drop by her blog. You'll stay because it's a great place to visit. Can she lie like a dog? We'll find out!
Polly at The 5th Sister, talented writer, blogger and dreamer. How does she remember those fantastical dreams? Since she incorporates them into her wonderful writing, I'll bet one of them makes it on her list as a big, fat lie. Bring it on, Polly!
I had a tough time choosing just five, but I know they'll come up with some great whoppers. The torch is officially passed!
Don't forget about Book Blurb Friday, upcoming in just a few days! It is fun and easy, and that's no lie. Please join the fun!
Til next time -